My life has effectively been governed by the UK Academic Year, between school, University, and now working in Higher Education, September 1st has long been the start date for the boring bits of my life that get in the way of hobby.
So it amused me slightly to see Confessions of a 40k addict, announce the start of the 2019/20 Hobby Season. Given how badly far behind I am on my 2019 Hobby plans, switching to the academic calendar seems to be an amusing acceptance of my own failure so far this year.
The eponymous 40k addict has picked August 28th as the start date for this years crusade against unfinished models, I’m going to start my to-do list at an unambitious level, as much to stop it from scaring me as anything else.
While my Project Lists remain at a very high model count, my actual to-do list to begin with is much more relaxed.
My To-Do List begins as such
- Paint the models necessary for a complete First Strike starter set
- Paint 3 Intercessors
- Paint 3 Reivers
- Paint 3 Plague Marines
- Paint 6 Poxwalkers
- Play through the First Strike Campaign
- Paint the extra models needed for a Know No Fear starter set
- Paint a Gravis Captain
- Paint 2 Intercessors
- Paint 3 Inceptors
- Paint 5 Hellblasters
- Paint a Lord of Contagion
- Paint 5 Plague Marines
- Paint 4 Poxwalkers
- Paint a Foetid Bloat-drone
- Play through the Know No Fear Campaign
- Paint the extra models needed for a Dark Imperium starter set
- Paint an Ancient
- Paint 2 Lieutenants
- Paint 5 Intercessors
- Paint a Noxious Blightbringer
- Paint a Malignant Plaguecaster
- Paint 2 Plague Marines
- Paint 10 Poxwalkers
- Play through the Dark Imperium Campaign
- 100% built on the Project List, either through building or selling them off. Either way they will be off the project list.
Once I get through this list I will review my projects, determine what I want to get done hobby wise, and extend the to-do list as appropriate.
Here’s to a more productive hobby year.